Avoid Foreign Body Choking and Immersion Choking
- Do not let children play with bags, balloons or coins.
- Do not give them peanuts to eat, or other small and hard food.
- Do not let them play with toys that fall apart into small pieces or toys not suitable for his age.
- Toys that have cords or strings must not be more than 20 cm long.
- Do not use pillows in the crib until after one year of age. Do not lay them on his stomach and avoid soft surfaces where he can choke.
- Install childproof locks on toilet doors.
- Install pool bars and empty them when not in use.
- Never leave your child alone in the bathroom, pools, lakes and rivers or anywhere with any level of water.
- Do not leave your child in the care of other children when they are near the water or bathroom. Teach your child to ask permission to enter the pool.
- Fill the bath or tub only 5-7 cm and use anti-slip inside and outside the bath.
- Always wear life jackets when you are near or playing in the water. Arm floats, rafts and tires are not safe.
- Stay close to your child when he is near ponds and pools, keep an eye on your child and don't be distracted by talking on the phone or reading.
- Choose places where lifeguards exist.
- From the age of 4 they can start with swimming lessons.