- The prevention of burns by hot liquids , would allow to decrece the first cause of burns in children.
- Do not drink tea or hot water with your baby or child in your arms.
- Do not leave the bottle with hot water unattended when preparing the bottle.
- Avoid preparing the bath transferring boiled water.
- Avoid using a tablecloth and prefer placemats when setting the table if hot food or hot water will be served.
_ Use a thermos to transfer hot water.
- Chose short cable of the electric kettles. Put the kettles away from the edges of the kitchen counter.
- Attach stove to wall or floor, use back burners and pot handles turned inward.
- Tie down the oven door when not in use or lock it.
- Do not use glovers, extenders, triples, fireworks or inflatable balloons, unless you are sure that they only have helium.
- Stoves, braziers (with protectors) and irons use them away from children.
- Put protections on the bulbs and avoid bedside lamps. Keep the wall outlets covered by furniture.
- Teach your child not to touch heated items such as exhaust pipes, stoves, or irons, even though most of the time they remain cold.
- Keep matches, lighters and chemicals out of the reach of children and never in bottles that they recognize as drinkable.
- Put out fires camp with water when you go for a walk, specially at the forest and beach. Be responsable.
- Wear a hat with visors and t-shirts from 10 to 16 hrs with sunscreen of a level higher than 30.